Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Home Stretch


The sunset tonight over Klaipeda

Hey everyone! I'm sorry that it has been such a long time since my last post. I have definitely been kept really busy. Lots and lots of papers and projects.

This week was the first actual snow fall here. Today was the 4th day of off and on snow. At my dorm in the middle of the city there is only about an inch but over by school, where there is more grass and open space, there is more like 3 or 4 inches.  

I have been also been trying to live it up as much as possible because I will be home in 4 weeks. That seems kind of crazy. I have gotten to the point where Klaipeda is a home to me. I know my way around. I speak enough of the Language to almost get around. I've gotten used to there not being a dining commons, to walking a little under a mile and a half in all different kinds of conditions to and from school every day. I think that when I do get home, it will take me a while to get used to the way life is in the States. 

Although I am really thankful for this adventure, I am kind of bumbed out about missing thanksgiving at home. Eat an extra slice of pumpkin pie for me!

No comments: