http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2001718&l=6071e&id=1228860066
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2001719&l=fe720&id=1228860066
Things that I really liked about Russia
1. Beauty. Especially St. Petersburg. The architecture is beautiful.
2. Pancakes. The Russia way of fast food is a crepe-like pancake rolled up with all different kinds of things inside. I had ones with chicken with cheese sauce, ham and cheese, blueberry pie filling, and apple. They were all soooo good. And really cheap too!
3. Cultural Activities. The circus, ballet, and orchestra were all amazing!
4. Sleeper Trains. We went and came back on sleeper trains. They are so soothing when you a try to fall asleep. It is like being rocked to sleep.
5. Churches. We went to so many absolutely beautiful churches. The Russians really know how to build them.
6. Clapping. Instead of shouting Encore or something like that, when Russians want more, they clap rhythmically. It sounds like the slow clap except that it doesn't speed up.
Things that I didn't like as much in Russia
1. Cost. Moscow is the most expensive city in the world and St. Petersburg isn't much better.
2. Language. Not that I have anything against the Russian language. More that I didn't know it. The Russian language doesn't use the Latin alphabet but I knew the letters. I would transliterate the word and fell proud but then realize that even though I could now read it, I still didn't know what it meant.
3. Weather. Cold and rainy. My favorite. Not.
4. Churches. This is ironic because it is on both lists. The churches were gorgeous but I would always think about how much they probably cost and how Jesus would have rather had them give that money to the needy. God doesn't need beautiful churches in the world, I think he would have the Church do beautiful things for the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment