So I have been here in Lithuania for almost a month and I think I am finally used to life over here. There hardest things to get used to:
-Temperature: while all of you in the MidAtlantic were enjoying high 70's it has been in the high 40's low 50's and we had our first frost a couple of weeks ago. This means that the fruit in the grocery stores is slowly slimming, I guess they don't have Florida to get their fruit from year round
-Cooking: There is no large cafeteria or meal plan here so I make all of my meals. I have started to learn how to cook and experiment. It is pretty difficult to make really cool things for just one person. The good thing is that I have been able to trade off cooking with a couple of people so that we can all eat together.
-Hanging Out: At Eastern, if we are bored, we just grab some guys to play some video games or to watch a movie. No one has tvs in their rooms here.
-The Walk: Campus is a 25 minute from the dorm. i have grown to really enjoy this walk. It takes through a lot of cool parts of the city but it also means that I need to wake up earlier.
But I have had a lot of really cool opportunities. LCC needed a student worship leader so I tried out for the spot and got and have been leading worship at the Wednesday morning chapel services for 2 weeks now. Also, being in a city means that almost anything you need is within walking distance. That's really nice.
This weekend the study abroad program is heading to Riga and Tallinn the capitals of Latvia and Estonia. I'm very excited! So I will definitely try to post some pictures next week of my travels
No comments:
Post a Comment